The ACP conducts an annual election to fill member and alternate member position vacancies. The election process is as follows:
- Pistachio producers and handlers are asked to nominate eligible candidates
- Qualification and Acceptance forms are sent to these nominees to verify eligibility and willingness to serve
- Pistachio producers and handlers vote on candidates
- Election results are submitted to the USDA for candidate eligibility certification
- Eligible nominees are submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture for selection to serve on the Committee
Ballots for the 2020 Administrative Committee for Pistachios election were mailed April 3, 2020. The election is being held to fill producer member and alternate producer member seats for Districts 1, 2, and 3, and to fill the Position 2 handler and alternate handler member.
If you have not received a ballot and you are a producer or handler of pistachios, please contact our office.
Ballots must be signed, and postmarked, faxed, or hand-delivered to the ACP office by April 24, 2020.
2020 Candidate Information
The 2020 candidates are listed below. To learn more about the candidate, click on the name to open their statement (not all candidates have provided statements).