The ACP conducts an annual election to fill member and alternate member position vacancies. The election process is as follows:
- Pistachio producers and handlers are asked to nominate eligible candidates
- Qualification and Acceptance forms are sent to these nominees to verify eligibility and willingness to serve
- Pistachio producers and handlers vote on candidates
- Election results are submitted to the USDA for candidate eligibility certification
- Eligible nominees are submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture for selection to serve on the Committee
The Administrative Committee for Pistachios is soliciting nominations to fill producer member/alternate producer member seats for Districts 1, 2 and 3, and to fill the Position 2 handler/alternate handler member (based on one vote per ton of assessed weight of pistachios processed during the two production years preceding this production year). Nomination forms were mailed to pistachio producers in District 1, 2 and 3 and to pistachio handlers on February 14th, 2018.
Deadline to email, fax, or mail nominations: Wednesday, February 28, 2018