The ACP conducts an annual election to fill member and alternate member position vacancies. The election process is as follows:
- Pistachio producers and handlers are asked to nominate eligible candidates
- Qualification and Acceptance forms are sent to these nominees to verify eligibility and willingness to serve
- Pistachio producers and handlers vote on candidates
- Election results are submitted to the USDA for candidate eligibility certification
- Eligible nominees are submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture for selection to serve on the Committee
The Administrative Committee for Pistachios is soliciting nominations to fill producer member/alternate producer member seats for Districts 1, 2 and 4, and to fill the Position 1 handler/alternate handler member (based on one vote per handler). Nomination forms were mailed to pistachio producers in District 1, 2 and 4 and to pistachio handlers on February 20th, 2019.
Deadline to email, fax, or mail nominations: Wednesday, March 6, 2019